Register for our Educational Showmanship Clinic and Show on Sunday, October 21, 2018, at the Palo Pinto Co. Livestock Association, 803 FM 1821, Mineral Wells, TX. Come to learn the fundamentals of producing an ideal animal for your next show. Listen to species experts explain how to become the best in your class. Learn the importance of daily care and exercise, animal nutrition, supplements, and show etiquette.
We’ll start early with breakfast and a church service followed directly by clinics. Showmanship classes start around noon. Our goal is to help YOU be successful in the show ring this season!
- Educational Showmanship Clinic – free
- Show Competition – $25.00 per animal (payable at the door or pre-pay at Walden FRS Weatherford West)
Questions? Contact Cody McCleery at 817-613-6666, or Jason Westbrook at 940-659-1228. Click here for the entry form, or pick one up at the store.
Schedule of Events
- 8:00-9:00 am – Registration and breakfast provided by Cowboy Church of Mineral Wells
- 9:00-9:45 am – Sunday Church Service – Cowboy Church of Mineral Wells
- 10:00 am – Showmanship Clinics Begin – 3 different rings (lambs and goats together)
- Cattle – with John Gevelinger
- Goat – with Scot Mauney
- Lambs – with Gina Bagby
- Swine – with Michael Gustafson
- 11:30 am – Start Showmanship Classes followed by placing classes
- Lamb & Goat Ring – Lamb Showmanship, then Goat Showmanship, Lamb Placing Classes, then Goat Placing Classes
- 12:00 pm – Show Competition Begins By Species
Prizes will be given for showmanship, breed champions and grand overall. Entry fee for the Show is $25.00 per animal.
Judges for the show:
Cattle- John Gevelinger
Sheep & Goats – Scott Mauney
Peewee – 8 years old and younger
Junior – 9 years through 13 years old
Senior – 14 years through 18 years old
|Steer & Heifers||Goats||Sheep||Swine|
A special shout-out to our Educational Showmanship Clinic & Show sponsors Titan Sticks, Purina Animal Nutrition, C&E Ag Products, and Texas A&M AgriLife. Questions? Contact Cody McCleery at 817-613-6666, or Jason Westbrook at 940-659-1228.