The 2019 Tarrant County Junior Livestock Show celebrates 69 years of youth in Agriculture February 23rd through March 2, 2019, at Fort Worth’s Will Rogers Memorial Center. The Tarrant County Junior Livestock Show provides a showcase for 4-H and FFA youth participants to exhibit their livestock (cattle, goats, horse, lambs, poultry, rabbits sheep and swine) projects, and Youth Fair projects (horticulture, baked goods, leather craft, welding, photography, sewing, and creative arts).
The Junior Livestock Show and Youth Fair provide a positive learning experience for youth exhibitors to learn about teamwork, competition, task completion, responsibility, and sportsmanship.
Only those youth enrolled in Tarrant County 4-H Clubs and FFA Chapters are eligible to compete and exhibit their projects in the Tarrant County Junior Livestock Show and Youth Fair.
Walden Farm & Ranch Supply is committed to your success in the show ring. Come by today to talk to our experts about the feed and supplies you need to raise a champion. We carry Sullivan Supplies, Lindner’s Feed & Supplements, Purina Honor Show Chow, Moorman Feed and more. Let us help you raise a winner this year!
Livestock Show and youth fair schedule
Saturday, February 23, 2019
- 8:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M. Horse Show, Horse Skill-a-thon, Schooling Class. Held at North Texas High School Rodeo Arena, 6229 Windy Ryon Way, Fort Worth, TX 76179
Wednesday, February 27, 2019
- 10:00 A.M. Barn Open for Livestock Arrival
- 2:00 P.M. – 5:00 P.M. Youth Fair Check-in
- 2:00 P.M. – 6:00 P.M. Market Animal Weigh-in / Breeding Animal Check-in
- 4:00 P.M. – 6:00 P.M. Fancy Poultry Arrival and Check-in
- Midnight Barn Closes. All livestock exhibits must be on grounds
Thursday, February 28, 2019
- 6:00 A.M. Barn Open
- 7:00 – 8:00 A.M. East Side of Barn – Market Broiler/Market Turkey Arrival and Check-in
- 8:00 A.M. North End of Building – Rabbits, Market Show
- 8:30 A.M. Arena – Poultry Show – Market & Fancy
- At the conclusion of the Broiler and Market Turkey show, all market birds will need to leave the facility. (Grand and Reserve Turkeys and one broiler for each sale participant will need to be brought back on Saturday for the sale.)
- Goats – Market & Breeding will be shown at the conclusion of Poultry Show followed by:
- South Arena – Dairy Wethers & Breeding Goat Show
- North Arena – Sheep – Market & Breeding
- 10:00 A.M. until completed. Youth Fair Judging (The Youth Fair Barn will be closed to the public until 3:00 P.M. for Youth Fair Judging) Midnight Barn Closes
Friday, March 1, 2019
- 6:00 A.M. Barn Open
- 7:00 – 8:00 A.M. Check-in: Baked Goods and Decorated Cakes
- 8:00 A.M. Arena – Swine, Market & Breeding; Followed by Beef Steers & Heifers
- 8:00 A.M. North End of Building – Rabbits, Breeding
- 11:00 A.M. – 2:00 P.M. VIP Luncheon (North End of Building)
- 1:00 P.M. Taste of Texas – Baked Goods
Saturday, March 2, 2019
- 8:30 A.M. Buyer Registration – Arena
- 9:00 A.M. – 11:00 A.M. Helping Hands Show
- 12:00 P.M. Parade of Champions, Award and Scholarship Presentations, and the TCJLA Distinguish Service Award – Arena
- 12:30 P.M. TCJLS Sale
- 1:00 P.M. All Rabbits will be released after pick-up of packets from Rabbit Superintendent. Youth Fair may haul projects out once Sale starts.
All remaining livestock shall be released following the Sale.
- Opens Friday, March 1, 2019, at 8:00 A.M.
- Closes Saturday, March 2, 2019, at 1:00 P.M. All Silent Auction Items must be picked up and paid for by 5:00 P.M. Saturday, March 2, at North End of building.
Youth Fair Barn – Hours of Operation
- Thursday, February 28, 2019: 3:00 – 5:00 P.M
- Friday, March 1, 2019: 1:00 – 5:00 P.M.
- Saturday, March 2, 2019: 10:00 – 11:00 A.M.
1:00 – 5:00 P.M.